JFFS
[Welcome to the Just For Fun Servers forums!]
[In order to access the full features of the site, we recommend logging in or registering.]

Our Garry's Mod Original ZombieRP Server is located at:
63.251.20.71:27015

Our Counter Strike: Source Mini-Games Server is located at:
74.91.123.142:27015

[Have Fun!]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

JFFS
[Welcome to the Just For Fun Servers forums!]
[In order to access the full features of the site, we recommend logging in or registering.]

Our Garry's Mod Original ZombieRP Server is located at:
63.251.20.71:27015

Our Counter Strike: Source Mini-Games Server is located at:
74.91.123.142:27015

[Have Fun!]
JFFS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[!] Depths of Ethoria Lore Database

Go down

[!] Depths of Ethoria Lore Database Empty [!] Depths of Ethoria Lore Database

Post  DrShikura Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:17 am

[!] Depths of Ethoria Lore Database The_de11

Many eons ago, there existed two individual planets that stood out from the others within their solar system. These planets were very peaceful. One planet went by the name of Zanxiil. This planet was covered in water. There was no place for a land creature to set foot. On this planet lived a happy aquatic people. They were very intelligent and had many civilizations of various structure.
While the other planet was much smaller and had a much wider lack of water. This planet was called Ethoria. On this planet resided a land people. They were also highly intelligent, but were several hundred years behind the Zandrians.

The two planets kept to themselves, exchanging relations with each other on grounds of a forever peaceful bond. They began to trade technology and medical equipment. After 200 years had passed, they had cities on each planet for the people on the opposite planet to live happily and comfortably. The planets mixed populations and lived happily together.

Things went well for the populations for several hundred years.

Then, devastation happened.
Both planets ran their course of orbit and ran into a headlong collision with each other. Weeks passed as the two planets split each other apart. The people of both planets were in panic. Earth cracked and water splashed. Both planets rumbled and shook for the entirety of the crash. After several weeks of destruction and chaos, both planets had merged as one mass of land.

Being much smaller than Zanxiil, Ethoria was engulfed by the larger planet. The planet was covered by Zanxiil’s waters. All light from the sun was blotted out. Everything went dark. The Ethorians survived by constructing underground caverns to live in. These caverns kept the Ethorians safe for 200 years.
The Zandrians had ceased all communication with the Ethorians.
For 200 years, both worlds were silent.
For 200 years, the sun was blotted out.
For 200 years, the former planet of Ethoria was shrouded in darkness.

It was within that 200 years, the Ethorians developed their own religions. Amongst each civilization resided a religion of it‘s own. These people developed gods of their own liking. Kind gods, Evil gods, Old gods, Beautiful gods. Each was unique in it’s own way.

After 200 years passed, the Ethorians dared to venture into the darkened waters that used to be their planet. They waded into the waters as far as they could. Seeing nothing but destruction. Everything had been dead for a long time.

To their despair, the Ethorians had discovered many logs dating upwards of 150 years into the past. The Zandrians had died out due to an unknown disease caused by the merging of the planets.
This disease may have been caused by a mixture of viruses that resided on each planet. It infected each Zandrian and lived within the host for weeks, killing them slowly. Nobody would know they were infected until it was too late.

The Ethorians grieved over the loss of their long-time friends for several years. Eventually, they began populating the outside waters. Building massive glass domes to live within. These domes held back the water and filters allowed for the regular flow of oxygen into each dome. Thus, the Ethorians kept to themselves. Struggling to find resources to live off of. This remained for 1000 years. After such a time, the Ethorians weree living comfortably in their homes, each kept to their own life.

Now, the Ethorians were merging into a single religion. This was the worship of Isolde; The Sun Goddess.
The Ethorians gave Isolde donations every night during meals and many temples were risen in her name. Isolde was a beautiful young woman, appearing to be in her mid 20’s. She wore white shrouds over her body, stretching to the floor and her hair was as gold as their cherished glowstone, which was the Ethorian’s light source.

Legend had told that if the Ethorians pleased Isolde, she would bring back the sun. This would then result in the evaporation of the waters covering their home. Bringing back the land they miss so much. Over time, the Ethorians forgot their sun. Various new shapes and names were created. Nobody could remember what the sun looked or felt like. Many believed the sun used to be square. Some believe it was round. Many believe it was cold, but the light was warm. Many believed the sun was very bright and was, in it’s entirety, very hot.

To this very day, the Ethorians wonder what their sun looked like. They pray to their goddess, Isolde to bring their sun back and rid them of these hard generations. For a long time, this remained such.

After many years, the Ethoriand grew intolerant of the silence their goddess gave them. Many of the Ethorians felt betrayed, as though Isolde had abandoned them. As though she no longer loved her people. For these people, another god offered salvation. Magnus, the god of torment. Magnis looked very large, compared to Isolde. He was born in the lava from the center of Ethoria itself. His skin was made of the rock from Ethoria’s crust and he bathed in the “cool” molten rocks from the planet’s mantle.

Magnus spoke to his abandoned people. He stated Isolde would never bring back the sun. She would never love the Ethorians like he claimed to. He brought about many followers. This pleased Magnus. Many Ethorians were appointed high priest positions. Many claimed to be able to hear and translate the word of Magnus himself. Magnus spoke through them, and commanded his people accordingly. This caused his people to amass huge civilizations and develop the first chain of command in over 1000 years.

Magnus showed his people how to take the molten rocks from Ethoria and mix them with the waters of Zanxiil and turn the waters into stone. Those waters could then be chipped away with a pickaxe. Magnus selfishly granted the creation of underwater mines that used the lava to turn the waters into stone and then mined it away.

Magnus used this selfishly. This made his people strong. He grinned evilly when on his own and gave a kind smile to his people. They believed their god was kind. Magnus labeled himself “Enlightened” by the hardships they faced and wished for better.

For 20 years, this continued. The people under Magnus’s rule named their capital city and temselves “Firestone.” This brought a warmth to their people. Like the fires they used to slowly return their planet to normal.

Now thinking about themselves selfishly, the people under Isolde’s rule kept their former name of “Ethorians.” This had been their name since the beginning of their people, and would never change.

Magnus grinned evilly. For 50 years, he waited patiently. Soon, his people would be ready. The humble people of Firestone knew not, the true intentions of their god. Magnus, inside was very selfish. He sought only to destroy the Ethorians and crush the competition of other gods. To the people of Firestone, Magnus was kind and understanding.

The whole planet gasped in shock when Magnus commanded his people to wage war on the Ethorians. Believing in their god, the people of Firestone did just that. They waged war on their bretheren and amassed a large army, striking at their heart.

The Ethorians were caught by surprise. They struggled to fend off the attackers that had invaded their home city. Soon, they had an army of their own at large. These two civilizations fought amongst each other. At the whim of their gods.

The other gods were disgusted. They had been worshipped by smaller cults and were becoming forgotten. With fewer disciples, These gods and goddesses could not be as powerful as Isolde and Magnus. These gods were upset by the uprising, but could not do anything.
Boren; The Monk God.
Lidia; The Goddess of Beauty
Monara; The Goddess of Lust & Passion
Iza; The Goddess of Knowledge
Merz: The God of Wisdom
Lior: The God of Battle
Fargrim; The Dwarf God of Hatred
Zalandre; The God of Death
Tor; The Cowardly (God of Thievery)
Vera; The Joker (Goddess of Humor)

Various other gods used to be at large, but were slain by other gods or goddesses. These gods are still worshipped today, but are not widely known outside of a textbook. There are small groups that still worship these gods, but not many.
Hereden; The Elder God of Strategy
Altus; The God of Magic
Miora; The Godess of Purity
Zel; The Monk God of Peace
Kel; The Monk God of Leadership
Mel; The Monk God of Valor
Tel; The Monk God of Honor
Valanna; The Goddess of Fertility
Tana; The Goddess of Love

These gods and goddesses were (and are) worshipped, sometimes in secrecy, under various guilds and cults. These guilds exist today. For example, the Thieves’ Guild, under reign of Tor. The people in these guilds usually keep to themselves, not bothering with the affairs of the two larger factions. These people are scattered throughout the planet and are not uncommon to find.

Present Day, Magnus and Isolde are at each other’s throats still. The Ethorians and those of Firestone seek to destroy one another. In their struggles, their people live comfortably. No one person is purely evil. Just trying to make due with what they have.

The Ethorians are a peace-loving nature-filled people. They adore glowstone for it’s natural light-producing properties. They have makeshift “Suns” at the base of each of their home domes. Their buildings are rarely made of Hellstone, mostly for the unnatural way it is created. The Ethorians love farming and growing things. They aren’t much to look at on the battlefield, but make strength in numbers. These people are under the reign of Isolde, the Goddess of the Sun.

The people of Firestone are a very industrial civilization. Based in a mechanical era, this civilization is big on mining and the production of stone for it’s wealth. The people among Firestone are stronger than the Ethorians, therefore, can outlast them in Battle. Their weapons are stronger and can deal more damage in a single hit, but they aren’t as numbered as the Ethorians. Firestone uses a lot of Hellstone for it’s buildings because of the intense heat it generates and the quantity in which it can be obtained. Hellstone does not go out when ignited unless extinguished by an outside force. This proves very useful for the people. They can implement this stone into their mining operations and use it to melt metals if needed. These people are under reign of Magnus, the God of Torment.
DrShikura
DrShikura
Owner

http://www.justforfunservers.com

Back to top Go down

[!] Depths of Ethoria Lore Database Empty Re: [!] Depths of Ethoria Lore Database

Post  DrShikura Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:26 am

Tales of the Gods. JUST how they are written in Ethorian folklore.

Valanna and Tana. Twin sisters, born of the same womb. Arise to a new power. Valanna, new goddess of Fertility. Alongside Tana, new goddess of Love. They grew up happily together with their mother, Iza; Goddess of Knowledge. Having no father, the family of 3 grew up away from the rest of the gods. As well as long before the Ethorians came around. Valanna and Tana always bickered and fought, but, in private, were loving sisters and adored each other all the same.

It wasn't until the two were young women that their bickering became an issue. Lior; God of Battle. Had been risen from the ashes of Timmen Vale; The biggest battlefield Ethoria has ever known. He was handsome, and strong. Clad in the shiniest armor the gods could muster. He always bore his sword honorably. Head held high, and always a kind smile on his face.

Tana had been quite taken with the man. There was a feast in Lior's rising. The gods cheered and celebrated! All except for one young woman. No older than 20, should she be human. She just watched the man. His booming voice cheer and laugh over everyone else's. He raises a large mug into the air, and downs the drink in no time.

Another woman sits next to the first. Her twin sister, Valanna.
"Go talk to him.." She mutters to her sister. Tana watches the man still, replying.
"I wish I could, sister. But I doubt my heart could take it."
"Blasphemy. You're the Goddess of Love. Go do your work!"
Valanna eagerly pushes the girl into the crows. Tana gives a siny whimper and walks forward shyly.

The dinner was a success. Tana had talked to the man. Little did he know, she admired him greatly.
Little did she know.. Somebody else did too. Lidia; Goddess of Beauty Huffs angrily. There is no way this can mean good for her. Lior has only JUST arisen, and he might set his eyes on the young Tana. She was young. Beautiful. Yes, Lidia will give her that. Even still, Lidia was more beautiful. she knew this much, and bore that fact selfishly. However much, Lidia approached Lior in private after the dinner. The two begin chatting away. Lidia makes any attempt to show her full beauty to the man. Lior seems to notice, but not show it. The two talk for hours until Lior must go. He has to rest, as his day has been long.

Lidia smiles slyly. It was done. She watched him the whole time they talked. The smiles he gave, the way he watched her back. It was finished. Tana stood no chance.

Several godly weeks later, there was a dance. Afterall, gods require formal entertainment as well. Taking place on the TALLEST tower in the whole of the sky. Anyone could go. Big gods, and young gods. Unknown gods. As I can guarantee there were many unwritten gods. Tana plans. She will dance with Lior. This will set his eyes on her and she can be happy. With he blessing of her sister, Tana could raise a happy family with him. Naive fantasies, she experiences. However much, they are her first.

"Oh no!" Lidia gasps. right next to Tana. Tana looks at her, surprised. "What is it?"
"I forgot to find the yellow flowers for this vase. It's not right!" Lidia frowns.
"That cannot be good." Tana inquires, standing and examining the vase. It does indeed, have a lack of a specific yellow flower.
"I know!" Lidia exclaims suddnely. "Come with me!"
"Wha-" Tana is cut off.
"Yeah! The two of us will work far faster than just myself! If we hurry, we'll make it back just in time for the dance!"
"Okay. I guess." Tana shrugs.
"Aright!" Lidia beams. "Let me just take care of a few things.
"I'll be waiting.."

Lidia rushes off, and looks for Valanna. Finding her almost instantly, she grabs Valanna's hand urgently and rushes her to a place where Tana cannot see. "I need your help."
"Uhhh-- What-?"
"Tana and I are going to pick flowers for a couple of the vases. It's just not right."
"Okay...."
"I need you to take her place in the dance!"
"What-?"
"With Lior. You KNOW she's going to ask him, right? Tell him that you're taking her place because she cannot and that she intended to dance with him."
"I guess-"
"And you have to give him a kiss on the cheek for her. Afterall, she is the Goddess of love. It's what she'd do."
"Uhhhh.. I don't-"
"Great! Thanks!" Lidia smiles and rushes away instantly, leaving behind a very confused Valanna.

The two girls, Tana and Lidia rush away. Lidia's plan is falling into place perfectly. As planned, the two girls go flower-picking in the fields. A couple hours pass. It's time to head back. Lidia makes sure JUST enough time so they miss the start of the dance, and rush back.

Approaching the entrance, huffing and puffing, the girls get back. Everybody is dancing. They get to the vases and place the lowers in them. Lidia studies them and nods. Perfect. She turns to Tana, who is paying no attention to her. She looks curiously. Right on queue. Valanna and Lior, dancing slowly. A large smile on both their faces. Valanna slowly leans inward and pecks the man on the cheek. She shrinks back a tiny bit afterwards, but continues dancing.

"Oh my.." Lidia sighs.
Silence from the girl. Tana simply, at that, turns and walks away. Not quickly, but calmly. As though she were strolling down the street.

An hour passes. Valanna finishes. Bows before the honorable Lior, and thanks him for the dance. She rushes to find her sister. Behind her, a selfish Lidia begins to chat with the god.
Valanna finds her sister upon a tall balcony. Leaning against it, watching the clouds below them roll by. "Tana. Lior is fr--"
She's cut off. "Free now?"
"Uhhh. Yes." Her sister finishes, awkwardly.
"Why do you do this?"
"Do what?"
"Ever since we were kids, when I had something I cherished, you took it."
"I took--"
"I saw you both. Why didn't you tell me?" Tana's rage is boiling now. She is oblivious to the lies that have been performed, and believes her sister is trying to steal away Lior as she has always done when they were little girls.
"You mean the dance? I didn't--"
"Lies!" Tana wheels around now, glaring at the girl. The two circle each other awkwardly, like two lions about to fight each other.
"I swear, it was for you!"
"For me? In what such way?"
"Lidia told me--"
"Told you what, Valanna? She was with me the whole time."
"Before you left--"
"Silence!" Tana simply shrieks and lunges toward the girl. Tana, trying to tear and claw. Valanna, struggling to break from her sister's grip.

The two fight and struggle in each others arms. Seconds pass. Growls and screams. Seconds. Seconds. Then, they topple over the balcony in one badly placed step.

The two face each other in terror as they realize what they have done.
"I'm sorry." Tana silently whispers to her sister. They were not seen for the rest of that day.
DrShikura
DrShikura
Owner

http://www.justforfunservers.com

Back to top Go down